At the village edge of Termeno, right in the heart of vineyards, rises the crenellated property of Castel Rechtenthal.
At the edge of the wine village of Termeno (Tramin) there’s the widely visible Castel Rechtenthal. Until the 19th century, a small farmstead rose in this place, which was transformed by baron Franz S. of Unterrichter from Caldaro, bearing the noble title “von Rechtenthal”, into a castle-like residence for his son. As the result of inheritance, it changed into the possession of German aristocrats and was expropriated in 1920 by the Italian State. In the following decades it was used temporarily as retirement home and for social housing.
In the Nineties, the current owner, the Province of South Tyrol, renovated the building extensively and converted it into the Castel Rechtenthal Academy, a regional training academy for teachers and educational staff. Furthermore it serves - surrounded by its beautiful castle garden - as a beautiful backdrop for cultural events, private ceremonies and international Wine Symposiums.
Castel Rechtenthal presents itself with a circular wall and two crenellated towers. The light yellow property resembles a medieval castle complex and includes a multi-unit residential construction. And how to reach Castel Rechtenthal? It can be found at the village edge of Termeno, more precisely along the road to the district of Sella (Söll). Parking possibilities are available.
phone: +39 0471 864211, firstname.lastname@example.org