Two historical buildings in Termeno, called Amt Stetten and Haus Wolkenstein-Rodeneck, tell stories of bygone times.
In the village centre of Termeno (Tramin), more precisely in the Via Hans Feur road, there are two manors, mute witnesses of bygone times. One of them is the Stetten Residence, or Amt Stetten, which served as the administrative seat of the private properties of Termeno and Cortaccia under the Counts of Tyrol. A significant role! The property presents itself with a steep entrance gateway, a result of numerous landslides in the course of time and a cellar door with the inscription 1555. The residence owes its name to the surname of several officials in the 15th and 16th century.
Right next to it rises the Wolkenstein-Rodeneck Manor (in the image) with its archway dating back to 1600 AD. It shows the coat of arms of the Lords of Wolkenstein-Rodeneck and the letters SBAWDR: Sigmundus Baro a Wolkenstein de Rodeneck.
This was the place, where the so-called “Elefantenbund” met, a conspiracy of the Tyrolean nobility against Ludwig V of Bavaria, the second husband of Margarete Maultasch, Countess of Tyrol. Right here, in 1779 also the official handover of the Court of Termeno from the prince-bishopric of Trento to the County of Tyrol was celebrated. And how to reach the buildings? They are located in the Via Hans Feur road no. 24-26 (Amt Stetten) and no. 23 (Wolkenstein-Rodeneck Manor).
not accessible to the public