The venerable manor - nowadays a famous wine-growing estate - was built in the 17th century by Hieronymus Manincor Ehrenhausen.
Image gallery: Manincor Residence
On a gentle hill above Lake Caldaro rises the Manincor Residence, a name which has traditionally been linked beyond the border to exquisite wines. The manor was built in 1608 by Hieronymus Manincor Ehrenhausen: at that time he was raised to the nobility and entrusted with this beautiful spot of land in recognition of his merits and services rendered to Austria. Through marriage in the 17th century it came into the possession of the Counts of Enzenberg, a noble family of winegrowers since 1698. Since 1978 finally, the manor has been fully owned by the Enzenbergs.
In 1996 - after 20 years of inactivity - the property started producing exquisite wines again. The historical residence was adapted, creating a successful symbiosis between modern and old architecture. The new three-storey winery - nearly invisible - was completely integrated in the vineyard hills. It is energy-saving: the grapes are processed with the force of gravity and the entire property is cooled by geothermal energy. Furthermore, since 2009 Manincor has been biodynamically certified according to the organic standards (EU Regulation).
By the way: the coat of arms of the Manincor dynasty, a family of lawyers, dates back to 1528 and is still visible on the façade of the central building. It depicts an arm in an upright position, holding a heart, and refers to the family name: in fact, "Man-in-cor" means "hand on heart". And how to reach the manor? It rises in San Giuseppe al Lago (St. Josef am See), a district of Caldaro. Today it offers guided tours as well as a small shop selling its own products.