The venerable Rynnhof and Freytag Residences are two of 46 protected monuments in Termeno.
Also the other manors in Termeno (Tramin), partly with a plain and unspectacular façade, are mute witnesses of bygone times. Among them there is the Rynnhof Residence, formerly known as Meierhof. The building features a plain façade, but had once the important role to manage the ground rents of several estates. The Rynnhof Residence was donated in the 18th century by a countess Lutti and should serve as local hospital. Afterwards, however, it was converted into an administrative seat, before the manor was passed into the hands of a rural family.
Another historical building is called Freytag Residence (in the image): it is located in the Via Andreas Hofer road, between an elegant house and the corner building of the Holy Spirit and St. Joseph Hospital. For more than four centuries, the latter cared for orphans and for ill and elderly people. The name of the Freytag Residence, however, derives from the Lords of Freytag, its owners in the 17th century. The architectonical elements - among them the vaulted gateway, the oriel at the north-eastern corner and the tower-shaped part of the building - are even older.
Its mullioned windows and the so-called “Ochsenaugen” (bull’s eyes), oval holes beneath the roof, are typical elements of the Oltradige construction style. Inside the manor features a tiled stove, dating back to 1613, with colourful biblical scenes and a wooden ceiling with Renaissance shapes. In the above mentioned Via Andreas Hofer road there are also several other monuments, such as the Freisinger Estate and the “Zum Goldenen Löwen” tavern with its Gothic oriel, once the most prestigious establishment of the village. The guided tour of Termeno, which is regularly offered, leads through the historical centre and past the venerable and protected monuments.
not accessible to the public