The beautiful Renaissance property, once the seat of the Wine Museum, lies in the midst of the Elena Walch vineyards.
Slightly above Lake Caldaro and the South Tyrolean Wine Road rises a small Renaissance castle from the 17th century. In 1621 it was erected by a Mister Bonetti, after he was raised to the nobility by Ferdinand Charles, Archduke of Austria, in recognition of his services as major administrator and entrusted with a vineyard in Caldaro.
Nowadays Castel Ringberg presents itself with four turrets and mullioned windows. Between 1955 and 1986 it was the seat of the South Tyrolean Wine Museum, the first one of its kind south of the Alps. In subsequent years it housed a restaurant. The historical building is surrounded by the 20 hectares of vineyards of the renowned Elena Walch Winery: in its headquarters in Termeno the grapes are pressed and then stored in barrique barrels in the old wine cellar of Castel Ringberg.
And how to reach the castle? It is located above the Wine Road, in San Giuseppe al Lago (St. Josef am See), a district of Caldaro. In the tavern with its panorama terrace you can taste the renowned wines of the Elena Walch Winery, together with cold appetizers and local delicacies. Furthermore, guided vineyard tours are offered between Easter and autumn.
phone: +39 0471 960010, firstname.lastname@example.org