This initiative of the wine sector in Caldaro focuses on promoting the local viniculture in the best way
The initiative wein.kaltern, today an internationally protected trademark, arose from the "Weindorf Kaltern Project Group", established in 1999 between winegrowers, tourism experts and public representatives. It was founded with the aim to make Caldaro a typical wine village. The brand "wine and caldaro and stop" underlines this aim: the focus is on the wine, supported by the village of Caldaro and all its advantages. Several projects are united under the brand:
* wein.weg: (wine.trail) a beautiful path with stone markers leads through Caldaro and its stunning vineyards. White gold-rimmed marble stripes tell the original Rhaeto-Romanic names of the various vineyards as well as the grape varieties. The wein.wegweiser, available in the wein.kaltern office, offers an orientation guide.
* wein.glas: (wine.glass) of course, a wine village also needs its own wine glass. The wine chalice, engraved with the wein.kaltern emblem, is part of a series of specially created wine glasses for high-quality wines by the Riedel company. It is available in the wein.kaltern office.
* wein.lesen: (wine.reading) a book also pays literary tribute to the Caldaro wine region and its wines - well known authors from Italy and Austria share their philosophical, historical, oenological, social and culinary writings in this unique publication. Also this work puts the excellent wines in the focus. It can be bought at the Tourist Information.
* wein.wegweiser: (wine.guide) this handy and informative brochure offers an orientation guide through the vineyards of Caldaro and includes all partner facilities of wein.kaltern with their offers. On the back there's the so-called "Riegelkarte", showing the exact course of the wein.weg. The wine.guide is available in the wein.kaltern office and the PUNKT wine.house.
* wein.magazin: (wine.journal) the third publication is a journal with current information. How was the grape harvest, who are the people behind the wine production... renowned authors provide comical and often ironic pieces about the connections between wine and literature. The wine.journal is available everywhere in the village and is also sent by post upon request.
* wein.haus: (wine.house) the PUNKT wine.house, located at the main square in Caldaro village (Kaltern Dorf), was inaugurated in 2006. It represents a platform of the local wine sector and offers wines from all local wine producers together with some exquisite snacks. The architect Hermann Czech created an ideal place to relax and enjoy in the heart of Caldaro.
By the way: visually, wein.kaltern presents itself through two monoliths at the beginning and end of the wine village. If a facility joins this initiative can be seen at the Red Dot (coffee houses and restaurants) and the writing wein.kaltern (wineries and accommodations) which is used as a quality seal.