Plunging into the subject of wine, you shouldn’t miss a guided cellar tour and a visit to the interesting Wine Museum.
Caldaro and Termeno are a real paradise to explore the world of wine to the fullest, from a walk through the vineyards to the wine tastings, from the history of the wine to its production.
Not only vineyard tours are offered on a regular basis, but the wine is also celebrated whenever possible. The wine events start with the “South Tyrolean Wine Road Weeks” in April, when the fruit orchards around Lake Caldaro are in full bloom and the vines are “weeping”, and end with the the “Wine-walking week” in October, when the grape harvest is done and the new wine can be tasted.
Furthermore, the South Tyrolean Vine Museum tells you about the work in the vineyards, whereas the South Tyrolean Wine Museum provides interesting information about the history of the exquisite beverage. If you want to enjoy a good drop of wine, it is very important that is has the right serving temperature. Here are the recommended values:
* white wines: 8 - 10 degrees C
* rosé wines: 10 - 12 degrees C
* red wines with elegant body: 12 - 14 degrees C
* red wines with distinctive body: 14 - 16 degrees C
* heavy, aged red wines: 16 - 18 degrees C
* dessert wines: 5 - 6 degrees C
* sparkling wines: 6 - 8 degrees C