The tradition of the cinema in Caldaro can look back on an interesting history of more than 100 years
Already in 1895, in Paris and Berlin the first public movie screenings took place, and only 16 years later Caldaro had its own "Cinematographic Theatre" at the Piazza Principale square. In 1952, the facility changed its name in "Laurin Cinema Caldaro" and was a popular meeting point for the local people for the next 40 years. When it closed its doors, the "Filmtreff Caldaro" club was founded to keep the tradition of the cinema in Caldaro alive. Currently, the club counts 35 active members.
Until 2010, the screenings took place at the clubhouse, then the "Filmtreff Caldaro" relocated: after a long period of planning, organising and constructing, supported by the municipality of Caldaro, the former station building of the Oltradige Railway was restructured and transformed into a state-of-the-art cinema with the latest technique. In 2011, the "Cinema at the Station" opened its doors, right 100 years after the first public screening. Today the cinema hall is equipped with 118 seats, a 35 mm projector and a digital projector with 3D equipment. The programme includes current movies for both adults and children, mainly in German language.
Part of the popular initiatives of the "Filmtreff Caldaro" are the "Children's Cinema" as well as the "Summer Cinema" in the inner courtyard of the Windegg Residence. It doesn't take place every summer, but the idea of the cinema under the stars was resumed in 2017 to celebrate the 25 years of the "Filmtreff Caldaro". By the way: the cinema hall can also be rented for several events, including club celebrations, screenings, panel discussions and conferences.
- Via Stazione / Bahnhofstrasse 3 - 39052 - Caldaro / Kaltern
- +39 0471 964671
depending on the programme
€ 7.50 normal price
€ 6.00 reduced*
€ 5.00 children's cinema
€ 1.50 surcharge for 3D movies
* students, seniors 65+